• Cut out the characters from the Gruffalo story to make finger puppets (see pictures attached).
• Pretend to be the different animals in the story and move in different ways eg. flap your arms like an owl, slither along the floor like a snake.
• Complete a woodland animal pencil control sheet (see different sheets attached). Remember to use the correct pincer grip
• Cut out a spiral snake (sheet attached).
• Go on a Gruffalo Hunt. Ask a member of your family to hide the Gruffalo characters around your home for you to find.
Understanding the World
• What woodland animals can you recall from the story ? Where do the different animals live ? What might they eat ?
• Find out what other animals live in woodlands.
• Play the animal footprints matching game (see sheets attached).
• Go onto the official Gruffalo website https://www.gruffalo.com Try some of the fun games you can download.
Expressive Art and Design
• Make the different animals from the Gruffalo story using playdough (see recipe for playdough attached).
• Make a Gruffalo mask (see attached sheet). Can you move like the Gruffalo ? Make your most ferocious Gruffalo sound.
• Learn to sing ‘The Gruffalo might like’ song (see words attached).