Make a Rainbow
There are many ways to make a rainbow, here are some ideas:
• Fill a glass with water.
• Put a mirror into the water inside the glass at an angle.
• Position the glass so that sunlight shines directly at the mirror.
• Now look at the angle of the mirror until you see a Rainbow on the wall.
• Talk about change, introduce new words: reflect, direction, shine, sunlight.
Water & Food Colouring
• Fill a bowl with water.
• Add a teaspoon of oil.
• Drop little droplets of food colouring and watch the colours disperse and become a beautiful rainbow.
• Cut out a rainbow shape colour from a paper plate and then colour your rainbow.
• Paint clothes pegs and attach them to the cloud or you can use coloured paper
Select the activity that you have the resources to explore or create your own ideas.