In Science, we have been learning about the composition of blood and in the process made our own Blood Smoothies. This is the recipe if you want to try it at home!
• 300g raspberries or strawberries (Red Blood cells)
• A few small white marshmallows (White Blood cells)
• 1 teaspoon of sprinkles (Platelets)
• 400ml pineapple juice (Plasma)
1. Put the berries into the jug first, followed by the marshmallows and
sprinkles, then top up with pineapple juice
2. Blend all ingredients and enjoy!
To differentiate between blood types we added:
• Apples (Type A)
• Bananas (Type B)
• Apples & bananas (Type AB)
• Orange pieces (Type O)